Wednesday 5 November 2014

Ocean and Sand Teeny Tiny Glitter Mermaid Nails!

Hi everybody!  Sorry for neglecting you, life is hard.  I've still been doing nails but taking that extra step to take the proper pictures and edit them and actually write words is just a step too far lately.  To make up for it I did a mega sparkly mermaid mani!  With glitter that clocks in under a mm!  For what's probably very close to a thousand pieces of glitter! YOU STILL LOVE ME RIGHT????


Whenever I do nails like this, I'm inundated with people asking how I do it.  I really wish there was an easy answer but it's just to stick them on one by one.  With an orange stick.  Into wet top-coat.  Even if I did a video, it would be a few hours of me sticking pieces of glitter on.  On the up side, it's done just like this tutorial video I made.  You start with a line of glitter down the centre of your nail, paying extra attention to your spacing.  Then you fit the next line of pieces into the first.  And repeat!  I've been using Essence Top Coat lately to adhere the glitter because it's cheap and dries slowly enough.  As for the topper, this is actually a gel acrylic from a set I found at Rexall.  Seche Vite is fine too.  Hooray for sparklies! 





The Verdict:  Well, it's pretty clear this is my favourite mani I've done this year.  I just love the teeny tiny glitter, what can I say? I'm happy with how well my spacing came out, and the fact I'm pretty sure I hit a thousand pieces.  Sure, I was going a bit cray by the time I hit the last nail, but WORTH IT.

If you're cray like me, this glitter will be available in a six-piece set on The Sparkly Shop on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment